Terms and ConditionsThis page sets out the terms and conditions clients must agree to when working with Damorodesign.com. They are meant to make the process of working together fair and reasonable for both designer and client.
CONFIDENTIALITYThe information that clients share with us is considered confidential, and will only be used by Damorodesign.com to provide a quote for our services, or to complete a design project. We will not share this information with any third party, unless requested to do so by our client. We do not liaise with third parties (such as printers, publishers or editors) on behalf of our clients.
Book Cover Design ServicesThis section includes the terms and conditions for custom book cover services and premade book cover services.
- Damorodesign.com will design ebook covers and print book covers for a fee, which is disclosed before you, the client, place an order. A 50% deposit is required when you place your order.
- In the case of our ebook cover design service, you are paying for the design of one complete ebook cover design, provided as a high-resolution jpeg file to use for your ebook. We also provide a 3D rendering of your book cover, which you may use for marketing purposes.
- In the case of our print cover design service, you are paying for the design of one complete paperback print cover, provided as a high-resolution print-ready PDF file. Also, included in this service, is the corresponding ebook cover for the same book, supplied as a high-resolution jpeg file, as well as a 3D rendering of your book cover for marketing purposes.
- In order to design your cover, we purchase the license for royalty-free stock used specifically to design your cover. You may not use these images in any other way, other than as part of your book cover design.
- STOCK IMAGES. You must abide by the terms of the license agreement for the images used in the cover design. The cost of your cover design includes the rights to use the complete book cover as a whole, to a print-run of 500,000 units, or sales in the case of eBooks. If necessary, this 500,000 limit can be extended, for an additional cost. It is the client’s responsibility to inform Damorodesign.com if this is the case.
- RIGHTS OF OWNERSHIP. When the final payment is processed, Damorodesign.com will grant the client exclusive license for the final cover design. We will provide the design in PDF, JPEG or another publishing-ready format as requested. The client agrees that they have no right to alter the completed design in any way. We will not provide the client with fonts or source files.
- CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES. It is the client’s responsibility to order a proof copy of their cover design from their printer before putting their book on sale. In the case of any problems or expenses incurred by the client in relation to using the cover design, Damorodesign.com will take no financial or legal responsibility for this. The client must provide an actual size template from their printer or publisher, which the final design can be fitted to, in order for Damorodesign.com to produce the print-ready file.
- PAYMENT. The client agrees to pay a 50% deposit upfront and the remaining 50% after the client approves the final design. Once final payment has been received, Damorodesign.com regards this as final approval of the overall design, and the contract to be fulfilled. After this time, Damorodesign.com reserves the right to request payment for any requested changes.
THE Custom BOOK COVER DESIGN PROCESS
- Choose between custom e-book cover design, e-book + print book cover design.
- We require a 50% deposit before we start working.
- We’ll start with you e-book cover design. Within 1 week, you’ll receive 2 concepts to choose from.
- If you wants changes to ONE of those drafts, we’ll revise to the best of our ability, as soon as possible.
- We will not alter both designs. When we offer you the 2 concepts, it is your responsibility to choose the one you want to move forward with.
- Once you’ve chosen one of the concepts, and we have started finalizing or making changes to that draft, the earlier concepts are “off the table” and no longer available to be used.
- Once you have selected a concept to move forward with, we will make as many changes as necessary for that cover, within reason*.
- Once the initial concept is approved, we will:
- Make changes that do not substantially alter the approved concept and are within the original brief. (For example, if you want a cover with a castle in the background, you can’t ask us later to replace the castle with a modern villa. Also, if your character has blonde hair and blue eyes at first, we won’t change them to dark hair and black eyes.)
- Make changes that can be accomplished by using stock images. Please note that we do not draw or digitally paint characters, backgrounds, etc.
- Make revisions that do NOT constitute a completely new cover design
- Tweak individual elements of the book cover, included but not limited to resizing text, changing font and placement, lightening or darkening areas of your cover.